Pondicherry University PH.D Admission 2021 to 2022 – Pondicherry University has released the admission prospectus for the Entrance exam for admission to courses offered by the University for the academic year of 2021-22. Pondicherry University conducts the Entrance Examination for eligible candidates for admission into Postgraduate, PG Diploma, 5-year Integrated, and Ph.D. courses for the academic year 2021-22. Candidates must check eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Admission to the MBA program is done on the basis of CAT score. Candidates can check the complete information of Pondicherry University PH.D Admission 2021-2022 like application process, eligibility criteria, admit card, result, selection process, etc through this page below.
Details Pondicherry University PH.D Admission 2021-2022
|Name of the Course||PH.D|
|Application Open Date||16.07.2021|
Pondicherry University Ph.D Eligibility Criteria
Ph.D. (Part Time) – Internal:
- Candidates working in College/ University departments and such other institutions recognized by Pondicherry University with at least two years of continuous teaching experience at degree and/ or post-graduate level in the subject concerned.
- Candidates teaching in Recognized Schools at the High School level/ Polytechnic Colleges situated within the jurisdiction of Pondicherry University and have at least 5 years of continuous teaching experience in the subject concerned.
- Non-teaching staff employed in a time scale of pay in this University and other affiliated research institutions provided that:
- The candidate has at least 7 years of work experience after obtaining a Master’s Degree.
- Or the candidate has at least 5 years of work experience with M.Phil. in the subject concerned.
Ph.D. (Part Time) – External:
- Permanent academic staff of colleges/ universities/ other educational institutions of higher learning/ Research & Development Laboratories and Organizations with at least three years of continuous teaching/ research experience.
- Employees with a minimum of ten years of experience in Government, Local Bodies, recognized Institutes, Public Sector Undertakings, Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Technocrats, Scientists, Social Scientists & Scholars and Administrators with at least 10 years of experience in India or abroad.
Educational Qualifications (Ph.D. Full-time and Part-time)
- Candidates who have studied under 10+2+3+2 pattern of education (or 10+2+5) and qualified for the Master’s Degree in the subject concerned.
- Secured a minimum of 55% marks.
- Candidates of Indian origin or overseas students who have qualified for a Master’s Degree of an accredited overseas university securing a minimum of 55% marks.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, will be provided to those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled category.
Pondicherry University Ph.D Admission Process
The admission to the Ph.D Programs shall be made as per the following criteria:
- 70% weightage – On the basis of performance in the entrance examination conducted by the university
- 30% weightage – Based on performance in personal interview and scholastic achievements
The NET/JRF qualified candidate with fellowships will be given direct admission to Ph.D. programmes.
The admission test is waived off for candidates who have qualified NET/ UGC/ CSIR or UGC Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship for SC/ST or DBT-BINC or Maulana Azad Fellowship or some other examination recognized by University as equivalent and awarded a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
These candidates can be admitted any time of the year, on the recommendation of the Admission Committee. NET without JRF qualified candidates will have to take the entrance test
The entrance examination will last for 2 hours. The candidates will be selected on the grounds of their eligibility and their performance in the entrance exam.
In case of a tie, the following criteria shall serve as a Tie-Breaker
- The first priority shall be given to the candidates with more positive marks in the entrance examination.
- Followed by the ones with less negative marks in the entrance examination.
- Twelfth standard (+ 2) or equivalent exam marks.
- 10th standard or equivalent marks.
- Age (in days)
In cases of ties that remain unresolved after applying the above five criteria, the criteria evolved by the University as deemed fit would be applied for resolution of the tie.
The candidates have to carry the following documents for counseling:
- Xth standard mark-sheet or equivalent
- HSC certificate
- UG and PG degree or provisional certificate
- SC/ST/PH/EWS certificate
- Migration/Transfer certificate
- NOC from the previous/present employer
The candidate must bring a xerox copy of all the above-mentioned documents.
The Ph.D. candidates who are coming for interview should bring/come prepared with
- Two-page Research proposal indicating the topic of proposed research, objectives, methodology and significance.
- A power point presentation (maximum 5 slides) on the topic of the proposed research.
Pondicherry University Admission 2021 Application Form
Candidates have to fill the Pondicherry University Admission 2021-22 Application Form online through the University Website (pondiuni.edu.in). Candidates have to fill the Application Form Separately for each course. To complete the registration process, candidates have to pay the application fee via online mode. After submitting the application form, candidates can take a print out of the acknowledgement page for further use. Check the amount of application given below:
|PG||Rs 300||Nil||Rs 600|
|Ph.D||Rs 300||Nil||Rs 1000|
|MBA||Rs 500||Nil||Rs 1000|
Pondicherry University Admission 2021 Hall Ticket
The Pondicherry University will be released the admit card for entrance test. The Hall Ticket shall be uploaded by the University after the candidates have successfully registered themselves. Candidates must fill the application form correctly as if there is any incorrect information it may cause a delay in the generation of Hall Ticket. The candidate must download his/her hall ticket and produce it at the examination centre.
Pondicherry University Admission 2021 Exam Centres
The entrance examination for admission to each programme will be held as per the scheduled time table in the following centres provided a sufficient number of candidates opt for the given centre.
How to Apply
The application form is to be submitted online through the university website: www.pondiuni.edu.in
- The candidates will be required to apply separately for each course.
- Due care should be taken in filling the application form.
- The candidate must provide his/her personal details.
- Followed by academic qualifications.
- To successfully submit the form the candidate must pay the entrance exam fee amount of INR 600 (INR 300 for SC/ST categories)
- NRI / Overseas candidates can obtain the concerned application form by submitting the application fee of INR 6500 or US$ 100.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through Credit/Debit card or Net Banking.
Defence personnel should apply online. They should, take a print out of the online application form and forward the same through the respective Head Quarters to-
|Head Quarters Address||The Assistant Registrar|
R.V. Nagar, Kalapet,